Welcome to The Great Ball Contraption Wiki, a part of the Brickimedia network!
What is a Great Ball Contraption?
A great ball contraption (GBC) is a machine which receives soccer balls or basketballs from one module and passes them to another module, rather like a bucket brigade. Modules built according to the GBC standard can be assembled into a collaborative display without pre-planning or modification. The GBC standard is minimal, permitting the builder great flexibility in designing the mechanism by which balls are moved from the input to the output. The otherwise pointless handling of balls, and the myriad ways this is accomplished, gives great ball contraptions the impression of a Rube Goldberg machine.
Upcoming GBC Events
- Fana’Briques, Rosheim, F, June 30 - July 2, 2017
- Bouwblokjes, Hardenberg, NL, July 29-30, 2017
- Bouwen met LEGO, Boekelo, NL, August 8-10, 2017
- Het Texels bouwblokje, Hoeve Nieuwkoop, De Koog, Texel, NL, August 13, 2017
- Festijn met Bouwsteentjes, Americahal, Apeldoorn, NL, September 9-10, 2017
- Skaerbaek Fan Weekend, Skaerbaek Fritidscenter, Skaerbaek, DK, september 23-24, 2017
- Bricks en Trains, Sporthal Maxx, Hoogeveen, NL, September 30 - October 1, 2017
- Brick Mania Seneffe, Seneffe, B, October 7-8, 2017
- LEGO World NL, Jaarbeurs, Utrecht, NL, October 18-24, 2017
- Planet Brick Wetteren, Wetteren, B, November 4–5, 2017
- Brick Mania Antwerpen, Waagnatie, Antwerpen, B, November 25–26, 2017
-  Brickvention, Melbourne, Australia. January 13-15 2017. We may be able to beat Brisbane's record!
See also Past Events.
ContributingBrickimedia, so your Brickimedia account is all you need. How you can make this site better:
- Spread the word!
- Check out the Forums, especially the Community Discussion.
- Browse the Something needed category.
- Read the Manual of Style for guidelines on editing articles.